Certificate of Origin
Guidelines for Authentication of Export Documents / Attestation of Commercial Documents
The Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry is officially authorised by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to issue Certificate of Origin (Non-Preferential) in respect of goods exported from India. It also attests Export Documents like Invoices, Packing List, Declaration, GMP Certificate, Product Certificate & Agency Agreements etc.. as required by the applicant for facilitating their trade activities.
Important points to be Companies submitting their documents for authentication / attestation
- The facilities for attestation / pre-authorization / issuance of certificates are available only to GCCI Members.
- We will require minimum 2 hours to complete the verification of the documents and issue the certificate.
- GCCI may ask for submission of supporting documents for the purpose of attestation/pre-authorization. GCCI reserves the rights to reject any document which it deems out of its purview / incomplete or unrelated to business.
- The authentication / attestation is carried out on the basis of an Indemnity Bond. The Bond should be provided on Non-Judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/-. The Indemnity Bond should be in the name of The Firm / Company. The Bond is a continuing Indemnity Bond and need not be submitted for every set of documents. The draft/format for Indemnity Bond is available below.
- Following points to be taken care, while submitting the Certificates of Origin:
- The Certificates should be in the proper format (blank forms available at the Chamber's Counter). Validity of Forms is as per Financial Year .
- The documents to be attested or issued are to be accompanied by a cover letter addressed to GCCI (Format given below)
- The Certificates or other documents should be duly signed with the designation of the signatory clearly stated along with copy of commercial Invoice. Copy of Bill of Lading ,Air way Bill, L.R .Copy, Invoice Copy, Packing List & Covering Letter should be attached.
- The company's stamp and seal should be affixed on each document.
- GCCI will retain one copy of original (or notorized true copy in lieu of original copy) documents for its record .
- Sufficient space to be provided for affixing Chamber's seal and signatures of the authorized signatory.
Note: For more details, Please refer to the check list of supporting documents given below.
- The charges for authentication / attestation of documents are as under:
||Member [ in Rs.]
||Certificate of Origin, Packing List, Invoice [upto 10 copies]
||Authentication of other Documents [except Certificate of Origin] upto 10 copies
||For additional each copy of Certificate of Origin
||Authentication of certified copy of product Element's [in original]
||Additional each copy for authentication of certified copy of product Element's.
||Blank Form [25 units]
||Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association [per page]
11:00 to 17:00 hrs. Recess 14:00 to 14:30
Formats / Check Lists:
||Indemnity Bond Format
||Format for Cover Letter
||Checklist of documents required to be submitted along with application for COO/Attestation of documents